LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Listen online radios Hindi Radios, Nepali Radios, Nepali Music

How To Mix Your Favorite Music And Put It On Your Blog


Sometimes I like to read blogs. Especially Blogger blogs. I don’t know why, but many of those people who choose blogging on Blogger are a species apart. They get very personal, as if they were good friends with all their readers. Looking at their Alexa rankings, I almost bet they do! Anyway, I like reading those blogs, it’s like knowing new people.
When was the last time you met someone who shocked you? Believe it or not, some of those Blogger and WordPress.com bloggers managed to shock me. I was sitting in my chair, relaxed, reading, clicking on links, jumping from blog to blog, when suddenly some really loud music exploded in my speakers. I usually have about 20-30 Firefox tabs open, so it was quite a challenge to find the guilty and put it to silence. The first time, the guilty was a nice grandma with her cooking blog. Another time, there was a guy writing about some technical stuff, iPads, iPods, music etc. Earlier this evening, there was a Romanian poet and photographer. If you want to visit her blog, make sure it’s not the middle of the night and your speakers are set on very low.

So all those people had a widget in their blog sidebar, looking like an iPhone 4 or like an iPod Touch, which automatically started to play music about 4-5 seconds after the page loaded. It could have been paused or stopped, but only if you knew what you were doing (which I wasn’t).
Thanks to those people, I discovered how to mix music and play it on my blog. I also discovered that the advanced settings menu allows you to choose not to play your list automatically to the nice and quiet late night visitor with speakers on and loud.
This is my first music mix which I won’t publish in my sidebar, though. I made it with Mixpod.com, a site that’s intuitive and very easy to use, so you don’t need special instructions to make your own mix. Just type in the search box your favorite songs or singers and you’ll get a big list to choose from. Click on the + sign to the right of your chosen song and it transfers automatically to your list. When you’re done, you can change the order of the songs by dragging them. If you go to Edit Settings, just under the iPod Touch widget, you’ll be able to choose a few details such as automatic play or shuffle. Another important thing you can setup: the volume. It is set to maximum by default, and that explains why I almost got deaf after visiting those blogs.
One more thing: the application is free, but you need to give them your email address in order to get the code to embed on your website. I can only hope I won’t get too much correspondence from them. Anyway, it was fun playing with Mixpod, I think it’s cool.

No comments:

Google User